Goldfrapp

David Gilmore

The Human League

Ting tings

Robbie Williams

• 2 weeks later...

*BUMP*

Blimey. Ok Guys you've got valid points on Amy Whinehouse! I take it back

Besides it'd give the Wychwood organisers a few nightmares and NOT just with the budget.

Good shout for 'Hobo Jones & The Junkyard Dogs' plus 'The Mighty Peas' (book for the big pub stage)

both are very entertaining and not afraid to take the piss.

And yes good shout for 'Buddy Guy', or at least one renowned Blues Guitarist would be cool.

Wychwood Office> Please don't forget 'The Wonderstuff' (fri night headliners?) and 'The Beetroot Kings' for an earlier slot on main stage.

And if any chance for the likes of 'Squeeze' for sat night would be awesome and fit very well with this fab festival.

Hey, why so smily? Is it cos I've breathed new life into this withering forum?? :lol:

One i forgot, how about The Pretenders?

Joan Armatrading is a bit of a hero too. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
What about The Specials as headliners?....

I can't see that any one has mentioned her yet but how about Tracy Chapman?

She is doing some gigs just before Christmas. Bristol & Hammersmith, London.

Click here for gig info via eGigs So she is defo about.

One of my wive's fav acts of all time & would ensure we do Wychwood again next year. :lol:

Plus any word on The Beetroot Kings a great up & coming band from Mansfield.

Get them booked before they break thru cos they'd be very affordable now. I'm in contact with Dan the Fiddle player if that helps and they have expressed interest to do festivals like yours next year. ;)

They are kind of in the same vain as The Levs & The Wonderstuff although their music combines several genres and regardless of the fact that I love their sound, more importantly I believe they would suit Wychwood really well.

Live acoustic performance - CLICK HERE

Beetroot Kings...official website - CLICK HERE (inc taster of their tunes)

Enjoy xx :lol:

I can't see that any one has mentioned her yet but how about Tracy Chapman?

She is doing some gigs just before Christmas. Bristol & Hammersmith, London.

Click here for gig info via eGigs So she is defo about.

One of my wive's fav acts of all time & would ensure we do Wychwood again next year. :P

Hey there,

Can't wait til next year..we missed this year and we got married on 30th May so hoping it falls the same weekend and we can celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary with you!!

Theres a fantastic band from Guilford called fre3peace, they are a real mix of acoustica, african township, hip-hop, jazz...basically they are fresh and fantastic and you really can't fit them into any one genre catagory!

they just came 4th in the surface unsigned 2008 festival and abi won best vocalist all out of 11,000 bands!! :rolleyes:

They have a myspace at http://www.myspace.com/fre3peace - I know you are always looking for fresh new music and I really think the wychwood crowd would love them...we do!!!

Tarantism are another fantastic band that would go down a treat at Wychwood, they from Cambridge I think and also have a myspace

It would also be great to see the following make another appearance -

Tunng

The silent disco (fantastic!!)

Heavy Load

Adjagas

and lots of new music xx

oh and Newton Faulkner without a doubt!!

Edited by crystaltips

Newton Falkner, why not? I'll nip down Tesco for the CD, play it surruptitiously when the family are around, and then when he's announced, Mrs T will be well pleased with at least one of the line-up.

She has also been raiding YouTube for Sam Cooke this week. Any soundalikes at W09 would be useful.....

I'd second Ruthie Foster she was fabulous last year at Trowbridge. Also good would be Eric Bibb, whom she has been the support act for previously. A couple of bands that have caught my eye recently have been Dragonsfly and The Chair

Edited by cazzer

Hey there,

Can't wait til next year..we missed this year and we got married on 30th May so hoping it falls the same weekend and we can celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary with you!!

Theres a fantastic band from Guilford called fre3peace, they are a real mix of acoustica, african township, hip-hop, jazz...basically they are fresh and fantastic and you really can't fit them into any one genre catagory!

they just came 4th in the surface unsigned 2008 festival and abi won best vocalist all out of 11,000 bands!! :)

They have a myspace at http://www.myspace.com/fre3peace - I know you are always looking for fresh new music and I really think the wychwood crowd would love them...we do!!!

Tarantism are another fantastic band that would go down a treat at Wychwood, they from Cambridge I think and also have a myspace

It would also be great to see the following make another appearance -

Tunng

The silent disco (fantastic!!)

Heavy Load

Adjagas

and lots of new music xx

oh and Newton Faulkner without a doubt!!