Moving on to Wychwood 09

Guest The Man from Wychwood

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey.

bring back Piney Gir. good stompnig fun.

I liked Piney -- but only for a short while and it was only her dress that kept me enthralled. Like someone on Later with Jools-- you think--wow --I`m gonna buy that CD-- and when you get it, tracks 4,5,6,7 &8 dont get a play afetr a few days.

Maybe just get her dress back and (for me) put in on a life size placard of Jimi Hendrix. I would be enchanted for the weekend.

den

...yip, the very man - master of the guitar, drums, keyboard, vocals - well EVERYTHING really. Fantastic recordings catalogue.

Nice to see you back Mr.Blue, and I'm glad you've joined with me in kicking the sh+t out of OldGrumpyTit on The Stokes Bay Forum. Some people eh!

I actually met the promoter the day before all that stuff blew up - a nicer, more informed guy, you could not meet. But clearly he has a nemisis....

Has anyone mentioned Amy Winehouse yet?

She would be a crackin' headliner. If Wychwood has the pull?

Like her or loathe her she has an excellent voice, just hope she can get herself together.

Yep, I think Ms Winehouse would be brill as one of the headliners next year and would probably ensure a sell-out.

If Saturday night the place would be buzzing. I thought it was busy enough this year when Duffy was on.

What do you think peeps?

Has anyone mentioned Amy Winehouse yet?

She would be a crackin' headliner. If Wychwood has the pull?

Like her or loathe her she has an excellent voice, just hope she can get herself together.

Yep, I think Ms Winehouse would be brill as one of the headliners next year and would probably ensure a sell-out.

If Saturday night the place would be buzzing. I thought it was busy enough this year when Duffy was on.

What do you think peeps?

Amy W would also cost a packet that could be much better spent on.....

Buddy Guy + lots of other people.

May I also offer, after a trawl through my Glaso memories, The Mighty Peas for mighty good pisstakes of flatulent pop songs, Emily Breeze for a mean-it-man pisstake of early PJ Harvey, and Hobo Jones for a royal pisstake of everyone's inabilities especially their own.

Amy W would also cost a packet that could be much better spent on.....

Buddy Guy + lots of other people.

May I also offer, after a trawl through my Glaso memories, The Mighty Peas for mighty good pisstakes of flatulent pop songs, Emily Breeze for a mean-it-man pisstake of early PJ Harvey, and Hobo Jones for a royal pisstake of everyone's inabilities especially their own.

Blimey. Ok Guys you've got valid points on Amy Whinehouse! I take it back

Besides it'd give the Wychwood organisers a few nightmares and NOT just with the budget.

Good shout for 'Hobo Jones & The Junkyard Dogs' plus 'The Mighty Peas' (book for the big pub stage)

both are very entertaining and not afraid to take the piss.

And yes good shout for 'Buddy Guy', or at least one renowned Blues Guitarist would be cool.

Wychwood Office> Please don't forget 'The Wonderstuff' (fri night headliners?) and 'The Beetroot Kings' for an earlier slot on main stage.

And if any chance for the likes of 'Squeeze' for sat night would be awesome and fit very well with this fab festival.

Personally, i would like to see Rook and the Ravens again, they were on the Wickwar stage this year, and are one of the best new bands i have seen. Also on my list to see at Wychwood would be the great Patti Smith, who was fantastic here in Sheffield last year, Julian Cope, Toshi Reagon (sorry to those who have never heard of her!!), The Indigo Girls, Sarah Jane Morris, Status Quo For my other half who loves them!

Great festival this year - I do believe that the sun always shines on Wychwood!

I will not be greedy and list all my fav's

But here are my thoughts - and bit of a mix..

How about

Neds Atomic Dustbin...back together again for at leat one gig (Astoria later this year)

MIDAS they played WorK House festival this year and last year while on Holidays I saw them play the Wah Wah festival in Venince...... Indie/Rock with added synth sure get get everyone bouncing

Both on myspace of course!

and if you could get these guys it would be brilliant! Fair To Midland check out the guys vocal range.

Edited by Englishtony

..........How about

Neds Atomic Dustbin...back together again for at leat one gig (Astoria later this year)........

Taking note of it all, and already have my first 6 page list of bands to start to work on!