noise and smells of glastonbury

Guest shavenhaven

noise and smells of glastonbury

obvious and the not so obvious

for me

smell of wood burning

noise of the long drop doors slamming shut - only at glasto (i think)

EDIT: and tastes

the taste of glasto would be warm captains morgans rum and flat cola or warm cans of larger

Edited by shavenhaven

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is this smell you usually get at the end of festivals which is so vile. I think it might come from the greasy food vans, might be all the fat collected from the whole weekend or something like that. I cant be sure what it is but its like a really sickly sweet smell that makes me want to wretch. Anybody know what im talking about?

I love the general far-off kind of general Festival noises you hear when trying to sleep at any point at Glastonbury. You can catch a generalised mix of music, cheering, chatter, vehicles and wind in the trees - its a really lovely mixture of noises.

People cheering for the sheer unadulterated pleasure of just being alive and happy cannot be beaten! Spontaneous cheering, its the best.

There's always a low level, very basey "boom boom boom" coming from somewhere that goes on all through the night.

It always seems incredibly quiet at night when you get home (but I don't want to think about that!)

The sound of cheering from another part of the site when the rain stops is also great, because you know you will be bathing in sunshine again in a few seconds.

The long drops door noise is a good call, I can here that right now :P (we've decided to camp somewhere new this year so I won't be able to use my usual clean ones in the cinema field :) ) and what do they put in those kind of roasted peanut things to get that smell, surely it involves a mixture of crack and heroin cause it's almost impossible to walk past without buying a bag!

The cheer that echoes around the field like an aural Mexican Wave when everyone is setting up camp is amazing - can't wait for that.

The smell of the Jazzworld field is totally indescribable but totally unbeatable. How the hell a mixture of garlic, stale cider, hash, curry, sweat, smoke, bacon and ale can be nice is beyond me - but it is!!!

This is a really nice thread,

and what do they put in those kind of roasted peanut things to get that smell, surely it involves a mixture of crack and heroin cause it's almost impossible to walk past without buying a bag!