Does anyone here do this ?

Guest JodiB

Get enjoyment from throwing bottles half full of piss / lager over the crowd ??

Hundreds of people do it and it is probably my sole annoyance when I go to festivals.

LOVE FESTIVALS. LOVE BEING CLOSE TO STAGE AND IN THE CROWD. FUC**NG HATE BEING HIT THEN SHOWERED WITH URINE.

1) If YOU do it can you explain to me why you do it and what kind of kick you get out of it ?

OR

2) If YOU hate it too, do you have any suggestions on how to stop it ?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get enjoyment from throwing bottles half full of piss / lager over the crowd ??

Hundreds of people do it and it is probably my sole annoyance when I go to festivals.

LOVE FESTIVALS. LOVE BEING CLOSE TO STAGE AND IN THE CROWD. FUC**NG HATE BEING HIT THEN SHOWERED WITH URINE.

1) If YOU do it can you explain to me why you do it and what kind of kick you get out of it ?

OR

2) If YOU hate it too, do you have any suggestions on how to stop it ?

For those that say it doesn't happen at Glastonbury, I would disagree, although it hasn't happened to me directly, I know plenty of other security that it has happened to. I remember Glasto 2004 dealing with a first aid incident, when some tosser was cutting open glow sticks and chucking them into the crowd. A piece of glass out of one had got stuck in someones eye.

when i saw arctics in manchester it was bloody awful.

i didnt quite get why people would pay 3.50 for a pint then lob half of it at unsuspecting fans. (unless it was....)

at glasto last year i dont recall it happening.

oddly enough that does not exclude the security folks (stealing people's stashes for themselves)
Edited by Brizzle

I mentioned this in a thread in discussion. I often work in the pit at concert venues around Manchester, and at festivals. I can just about tolerate crowd surfers, but hate it when bottles get chucked. You don't see to much of it now adays, but I remember at Reading once collaring some guy about showering me with piss, and his reply was "Its what you get paid for". At a gig I get a tenner for working a pit, so I was well pissed off.

For those that say it doesn't happen at Glastonbury, I would disagree, although it hasn't happened to me directly, I know plenty of other security that it has happened to. I remember Glasto 2004 dealing with a first aid incident, when some tosser was cutting open glow sticks and chucking them into the crowd. A piece of glass out of one had got stuck in someones eye.

I've heard about this happening, but have never been at a gig where it has. That said, this is my first festi in many years. I have to agree with OP..........What enjoyment could a person possibly get from doing that? As for it not happening at Glasto, it is partly why I am going there and nowhere else. I'm getting too old to fight of hoards of drunken yobs armed with bottles of pee.

Seen this a few times (not at glasto)...

Was stood by a group of blokes at oasis at eastlands who were doing it. f**kin disgusting - but there was obviously more than a screw loose and they look coked up (not in a nice way) and lookes as though it could have easily turned nasty if anyone piped up. Thus as the piss was being launched well clear of the surrounding area all they received was a load of dissapproving looks. No-one said anything (including me) for fear of a mass brawl...

Also was a problem at old trafford with arctics. It's the moment of realisation that is the worst (when you realise that wet on your neck....is WARM!!)

TBH, it does happen at Glasto unfortunately :) I've seen stuff being chucked forward at the Pyramid more than a few times and have been on the receiving end of a bottle of rather dubious looking way-too-warm-for-beer stylee liquid (fortunately sealed) but I think it's pretty rare when compared to other gigs/festivals. I've never understood the mentality of the morons who seem to think it's dead funny and entertaining to chuck anything whether it's dregs of fresh beer, 'recycled' beer or whatever.

Incoming landing on you unannounced is none too pleasant to say the least no matter what it actually is or how it's packaged :P The only gig I've been to where it was *really* bad was Oasis a couple of years back - OK, not surprising I hear you say - but still loads worse than I was expecting even nowhere real close to the front. You name it, it was being chucked about ... although I did 'accidentally' manage to seriously 'nudge' some moron whilst he was filling his second missile with 'recycled' beer meaning much spillage all down said morons leg as he struggled to stay reasonably upright and redirect the flow :) Fortunately for me, it's very difficult to retaliate when you can barely stand never mind walk, have real beer in one hand, 'recycled' beer in the other and your todger is dangling in the breeze so I just wandered off all 'innocent' like !

Edited by mikeb

TBH, it does happen at Glasto unfortunately :P I've seen stuff being chucked forward at the Pyramid more than a few times and have been on the receiving end of a bottle of rather dubious looking way-too-warm-for-beer stylee liquid (fortunately sealed) but I think it's pretty rare when compared to other gigs/festivals. I've never understood the mentality of the morons who seem to think it's dead funny and entertaining to chuck anything whether it's dregs of fresh beer, 'recycled' beer or whatever.