Site map?

Guest jollynolly

This is my second time at Wychwood. The first time we just slung our gear over the barrier and camped up. It was crew camping and a bit further out. This time I want to be in the busy camping area, but where is it?

Is it near the back entrance to the arena? By the posh washes and the loos? I need to know to find a suitable pitch

Edited by jollynolly

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patience MrJolly, patience.... don't see how you can know where to pitch from a map!!!!

Mind you there have been numerous (me too) posts on here regarding a site plan - but it seems beyond young

Wychwood Office's technical ability to put one up for us to 'drool' over.

Who knows it just MIGHT be super detailed, with every 'jagged' tuft and ageing horse dung marked, so that you CAN, in fact, mark MR. JOLLY'S PITCH!!!

...make that MsJolly (with bad fringe) - much sorry

Edited by marooned

Patience MrJolly, patience.... don't see how you can know where to pitch from a map!!!!

Mind you there have been numerous (me too) posts on here regarding a site plan - but it seems beyond young

Wychwood Office's technical ability to put one up for us to 'drool' over.

Who knows it just MIGHT be super detailed, with every 'jagged' tuft and ageing horse dung marked, so that you CAN, in fact, mark MR. JOLLY'S PITCH!!!

We want a map!

Hello everyone. *waves*

First time at Wychwood for me and really looking forward to it, having kicked off this year's festival season at Bearded Theory last weekend. Let's just hope it's a bit warmer this time around!

Edited by Dr Seuss

Just where is Den when you need him ?? he could turn his northern charm on and smooth talk Mr Wychie Wood into posting a map no probs. I reckon that MR WubbleU hasn't decided yet where he is going to site Marooned's personal doo doo disposal unit.

HeloooooooOOOOOOOoooooooo?

I don't mean to be rude but it's getting a bit silly now, to not have at least a vague site plan for people to look at. Someone needs to pull their finger out.

I would read that but I can't be bothered to wade through the turgid rubbish it appears to be, in order to try and figure out what your point is.

Care to maybe so some short, straight to the point bullet points so i don't have to subject myself to your inane witterings?

All we're asking for is a vague idea of what's happening and where we'll be in relation to things. Not too much to ask is it, considering that I'm assuming the organisers at least have something in place by now?

OK PHIBES--- OK -- keep yer voice adaptor plugged in!

I was merely pointing out My Dear Phibes (in my own inimitable style) --- it doesnt really matter a pound of cooked monkey placenta if theres a plan or not--but as in politics--if yer not prepared to read the Policy Statement ie my full post-- yer shouldnt be allowed to vote.... so your half dozen posts are now declared as VOID.

den

(and IF there is a plan-- we not letting you see it right! Havent you got Patients to see? No wonder the NHS is going down the pan!--eeee man i tell yer!)

To be honest you don't really need a site plan, it's not the size of Glasto. Everyone drives in at the same place, round the same way and you stop when you see a spot you fancy setting up at. No-one tells you where to stop or says 'you must camp there', for example. If in a campervan you'll be directed at the entrance, or if you want a quiet area, or nearer the arena entrance, etc etc, there's loads of stewards all round the perimeter drive area to point you in the right direction.

I don't think seeing a plan of the arena in advance will make any difference either. Once there, find a spot, do a 360 degrees spin and you'll see everything (if you don't spin too fast!) The healing tents may be slightly out of the arena again, but you'll see these when you walk by from campsite. You can't miss anything, honest!

To be honest you don't really need a site plan, it's not the size of Glasto. Everyone drives in at the same place, round the same way and you stop when you see a spot you fancy setting up at. No-one tells you where to stop or says 'you must camp there', for example. If in a campervan you'll be directed at the entrance, or if you want a quiet area, or nearer the arena entrance, etc etc, there's loads of stewards all round the perimeter drive area to point you in the right direction.

I don't think seeing a plan of the arena in advance will make any difference either. Once there, find a spot, do a 360 degrees spin and you'll see everything (if you don't spin too fast!) The healing tents may be slightly out of the arena again, but you'll see these when you walk by from campsite. You can't miss anything, honest!