other feastival

Guest luus

going to glast but want to do another smaller feastival end july or august (give me a tme to get my finances sorted) any suggestions or recomendations?

prefreably in the south any help much apreciated.

Latitude is supposed to me the mini glastonbury of the east - small and friendly - based on the Suffolk coast - had rave reviews last year but that may have been because it was held on one of the few sunny weekends of last summer

Belladrum Tartan Heart Festival is at the end of August, its in a stunning wee part of the Scottish Highlands however. You could get a plane to Inverness for next to peanuts though! As its in the north of Scotland it has a complete different feel to Glasto but that isn't a bad thing! Complete different experience! CLICKY

Depends what you're after. I love Big Chill for a nice chilled out festival in a beautiful location, but it's not exactly small. It just feels a lot smaller than Glasto but is def a medium-sized festival. £12 jugs of rum cocktail in the sunshine B) And it's always sunny for Big Chill. It's like the law. B)

...and now watch me jinx it. B)

Depends what you're after. I love Big Chill for a nice chilled out festival in a beautiful location, but it's not exactly small. It just feels a lot smaller than Glasto but is def a medium-sized festival. £12 jugs of rum cocktail in the sunshine :) And it's always sunny for Big Chill. It's like the law. B)

...and now watch me jinx it. B)

I 2nd Big Chill too - it's glorious. I'm going too.

Oooh and a small festival in the south: Beautiful Days in my home town - Ottery!!. I'm ashamed to say I've never been but going this year as one of my favourites Supergrass are playing B))

This year is my year for festivals and I can't wait B))

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Don`t suppose i could let this thread go by without mentioning Larmer Tree Festival (i wonder why? :P )

Limit of about 5000 and a decent cross section of music spread across numerous stages.

Got to be said, Larmer Tree Gardens is prob one of the nicest locations for a fest and all things being equal... anybody not enjoying this festival would need their head looking at.

You gotta check it out.

den (larmers dad)