Moto GP

t8yman

5 minutes ago, modey said:

It's been a bad 24 hours here on Isle of Man, two more died today, one is super stock race and then another later on in practice :( 

Shite. Not to sound insensitive, but when you look down the list here it really is the most dangerous race in the world. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Snaefell_Mountain_Course_fatalities

17 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Shite. Not to sound insensitive, but when you look down the list here it really is the most dangerous race in the world. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Snaefell_Mountain_Course_fatalities

Yeah, unfortunately you get it wrong here and you are lucky to get away with it, saying that guy Martin had a big off at 140mph the other day and walked away, Steve mercer also came off where the guy died today and was racing the next day.

Anyone who rides this course has balls of steel!

Yeah at ballagarey, another 140mph corner, he's had two lucky escapes now at the TT and this one at the north west, you would think after that many warnings it would be time to pack it in :o

Thing about that one is, the year before that are was all trees, if they hadn't taken them out it would have been game over 

As much as the IOM TT is great, you have to wonder how it continues in it's present form. Let's hope the week ends without any more souls going to the great race in the sky or wherever it is we all go. 

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, The Nal said:

Great to meet you last week whisty. 

Fully concur, always nice to see the face behind the text, although I was a bit miffed that you're not Jagger or his elder brother & younger to boot :) 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A Racer is a Racer :) I remember many years ago arguing with a pub landlord about Barry Sheene continuing to ride after really smashing his legs up. His shout "it's for the money" mine,  "he's a racer". Rossi certainly doesn't need any more euros in his wallet. Wish I could find that landlord and resurrect the argument. I do think  Rossi should walk away now while he still can tho but I think it's an in your blood thing, like Boxers.

Edited by whisty

15 hours ago, whisty said:

A Racer is a Racer :) I remember many years ago arguing with a pub landlord about Barry Sheene continuing to ride after really smashing his legs up. His shout "it's for the money" mine,  "he's a racer". Rossi certainly doesn't need any more euros in his wallet. Wish I could find that landlord and resurrect the argument. I do think  Rossi should walk away now while he still can tho but I think it's an in your blood thing, like Boxers.

Defo yeah, Mick Doohan did something even more crazy. They told him if he crashed he would lose his leg. Still rode. 

• 4 weeks later...