Moto GP

t8yman

Just got my tickets for this years Moto GP at Donington on 20-22 June.

The championship this year is looking interesting with Rossi finding his old form in the last 2 races. Toseland looks interesting, but has admitted his lack of track knowledge is affecting him during this block of 5 "new" tracks. Interesting to see how he gets on at Donington, as he should know the track like the back of his hand - and Suzi Perry has offered to trade leathers with him if he gets a race win this season! donny could be the one!

This is the first year we are doing the full fri-sun weekend thing since the days of schwantz and rainey, anyone know which day you can get in the pits? I've been told friday by some, saturday by others, and I know my little lad would explode if he got to meet Rossi.

I've been impressed with Lorenzo and JT. Rossi's my favourite rider I think, good to see him doing a bit better recently.

I love watching casey stoner.

yeah, Sunday was a real shame for the lad, he dropped right down the standings after Le Mans. anyone see the pastiche the BBC did of Steve McQueen's "Le Mans" with the grainy footage of Suzi Perry talking to McQueen? That was a right touch! worth watching on the iPlayer if its there.

Rossi just showed his pure class on sunday, 4th on the grid, 6th after the first corner, and then a gradual run up to the front, followed by him just pulling away lap after lap, I would love him to win it again this year, a real joy to watch.

Toseland has yet to find his feet in mto gp after winning the superbikes last year, but give him a year or two and i think he could be challenging. He's our (adopted) local hero, in fact he's over here next week playing a show with his band

Rossi is looking impressive at the moment. I Wish i had tickets to go to donnington., It's Just a bit too close to galstonbury for me to do both.

I'll get to see a lot of bikes in the next couple of weeks over here anyway when the tt begins, practices start on saturday and i've got the whole of tt week off work. :lol: Just hope the weather is as good as it was last year

BTw there is a good highlights programme of the north west 200 on bbc2 this sunday at 12pm

Edited by modey

Any ones doing the MCN Fantasy league? Pick 6 riders (2 from each of Moto GP, WSB and BSB) for a limited budget and see how they go? I did well last year, but Rossi and Stoner are letting me down abit this year, so far anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
Dont know if anyone watched the race today (not the most exciting) but how funny was Valentino's helmet design.

447172.jpg

The guys a genious!

aye it was quite mental, oh and i agree he certainly is

Dont know if anyone watched the race today (not the most exciting) but how funny was Valentino's helmet design.

447172.jpg

The guys a genious!

the way he and the bike/tyre combination are starting to work i think he should have that face on the back on his lid just imagine being behind him and trying to concentrate on your braking spots going into corners and seeing that ;)

i like the way its going at the mo looks like its going to be a 4 way race for the title

oooh, not such a good qualifying session for valentino today, JT is above him!

Catalunya MotoGP qualifying result:

1 C Stoner (Aus) Ducati 1:41.186secs

2 D Pedrosa (Spn) Honda 1:41.269

3 N Hayden (US) Honda 1:41.437

4 R de Puniet (Fr) Honda 1:41.571

5 C Edwards (US) Yamaha 1:41.609

6 J Toseland (GB) Yamaha 1:41.820

7 A Dovizioso (Ita) Honda 1:42.053

8 C Vermeulen (Aus) Suzuki 1:42.365

9 V Rossi (Ita) Yamaha 1:42.427

10 A de Angelis (SM) Honda 1:42.580

a great ride from Vale yesterday, from 9th to 2nd, and Pedrosa rode a superb race. Found Suzi Perry's interview with Hayden very interesting, apparently him a Pedrosa dont speak at all, and my reading between the lines suggests they dont like each other one bit.

even though I am talking to myself in this thread!

roll on donington!

Yeah, saw that interview. No one likes to dance with clapped out girls lol :P

Aye, great ride from Pedrosa and Rossi, although would of been more interesting if he hadnt been 4 seconds infront the whole time.

Looks like its almost down to a 2 horse race for the title now with Stoner still having an outside chance, and walking wounded Lorenzo falling off left right and centre. Rossi's looking so strong now that theyve got the problems from last year sorted out. I think he'll take it in the end.

Donington should be a great race in a couple of weeks and heres hoping JT can get a good result on a track at least he knows rather than the last 5 which he didnt.

Looks like its almost down to a 2 horse race for the title now with Stoner still having an outside chance, and walking wounded Lorenzo falling off left right and centre. Rossi's looking so strong now that theyve got the problems from last year sorted out. I think he'll take it in the end.

Donington should be a great race in a couple of weeks and heres hoping JT can get a good result on a track at least he knows rather than the last 5 which he didnt.

I think its a bit early to say its a 2 horse race, although Rossi does appear to have found some awesome form so far, and pedrosa is mighty quick. I really think JT is gonna turn some heads next weekend. I might even have some money on him to get a podium.

• 2 weeks later...
I think its a bit early to say its a 2 horse race, although Rossi does appear to have found some awesome form so far, and pedrosa is mighty quick. I really think JT is gonna turn some heads next weekend. I might even have some money on him to get a podium.

Hope you didnt put any cash on him, he had a bit of a nightmare weekend :D

Stoner seems to be coming onto some impressive form, and Rossi was pretty hot as usual. Atleast you wouldnt of got too wet today, unlike yesterday!

JT must have been gutted, so much expectation, and to have such a shocker must have really knocked him. The support was massive, and he still got big cheers every lap.

Stoner was awesome from the get go, you could see how quick he was - it was obvious. Rossi had a good race, but just couldnt catch stoner, some nice dicing with pedrosa early on, then he pulled away and 2nd was a banker.

Special mention goes to scott redding, the british lad who won the 125's, he came and did a "we're not worthy" in front of us on the track. nice touch, I bet the lad is still in shock - he's not even 16 yet.

here he is in action, the crash was just across the track from us.

winning his first grand prix in only his 8th race - great achievement.

one of the highlights was Randy Mamola going round the track on a 2 seater ducati - taking competition winners and celebs round on the back - that was funny. I heard that Hugh Fearnley whittingstall was one of the celebs, and he had to be lifted from the bike because his legs wouldnt work.

its just like this clip from spain (skip to about 3:20 for the actual laps)

weather - f**king horrible as usual. friday - wet, saturday - very wet, sunday - very windy. race day wasnt that bad at all really, it was warm enough just for t-shirts most of the time, but the wind was evil!

the capcom girls were nice to look at!

I am reserving my report on the camping experience until a little later, when I have a bit more time to correctly get my bile down onto "paper".

Edited by t8yman

• 4 weeks later...

well this incredibly popular thread is resurrected once more!

did anyone see sunday's race in germany? Pedrosa was amazing, 2 seconds faster than anyone in the opening laps. when he came off I visibly jumped and let out a "Jesus f**king christ!" for everyone that missed it, he was about 8 seconds in the lead, and the camera was on board as he reamed down the straight, as he applied the brakes for turn 1 it just let go. totally unexpected, but on reflection completely inevitable given how hard he must have been pushing it.

iplayer here - skip to 0:43.30

Rossi rode well, but unremarkably.

Stoner is my bet for the title going on current form. He really is showing his class - and the bike's ability just recently.

Oh well, thats this thread back down the order till next race when I can talk to meself again.

forgot all about the race and missed it ;) awful conditions to be racing bikes

He's very lucky to just walk away from that :lol: 160mph when he went down, as the commentary said, just shows how safe the circuits are nowadays

Edited by modey

i was really surprised they raced in those conditions and they even talked about getting heat into the tyres to get them working proper

pedrosa had a bit too much mist in his view methinks to throw it away like that nasty crash full earth sky earth sky

rossi used his head for once after pedrosa went down and just settled for getting the shiny side up to the end and 20 points

looks like the new engine in stoners bike is doing the buisness and he was still getting 18000rpm on some parts of the track

and he,s pulling some great victory wheelies this year

and vermullen third whats with the aussies being good in the wet???

strange its not like f1 where the top cars seem to do well no matter who,s driving

i was really surprised they raced in those conditions and they even talked about getting heat into the tyres to get them working proper

pedrosa had a bit too much mist in his view methinks to throw it away like that nasty crash full earth sky earth sky

rossi used his head for once after pedrosa went down and just settled for getting the shiny side up to the end and 20 points

looks like the new engine in stoners bike is doing the buisness and he was still getting 18000rpm on some parts of the track

and he,s pulling some great victory wheelies this year

and vermullen third whats with the aussies being good in the wet???

strange its not like f1 where the top cars seem to do well no matter who,s driving

yeah, vermeulen has always been a bit special in the damp stuff. but stoner is on belting form. I think he's gonna be tough to beat for the rest of the season. he is seconds ahead of everyone in pretty much all conditions.