Cricket

greeneyes1980

What's the point in a referral system, if they get it wrong after reviewing the video??

Thought there was a little bit behind the line... it is when he lands not where he ends up apparently so I think when he landed there was half an inch or so behind the line. With something that close they have to go with the onfield umpire anyway, as the referral is only to eradicate obvious errors. It wasn't obvious that something was behind or something was over. I don't really agree with the system on that, it is just going to make people more pissed off when you get a referral and it says its hitting leg stump but they don't give it out, which has happened a few times. Only cricket could use technology and f**k it up.

Somebody should design some auto line sensor that makes a buzzer noise if its a no ball, no? :P

Thought there was a little bit behind the line... it is when he lands not where he ends up apparently so I think when he landed there was half an inch or so behind the line. With something that close they have to go with the onfield umpire anyway, as the referral is only to eradicate obvious errors. It wasn't obvious that something was behind or something was over. I don't really agree with the system on that, it is just going to make people more pissed off when you get a referral and it says its hitting leg stump but they don't give it out, which has happened a few times. Only cricket could use technology and f**k it up.

Somebody should design some auto line sensor that makes a buzzer noise if its a no ball, no? :P

You must be watching a different game to me!

For a start his heel was in the air - therefore where he actually landed was miles (comparatively) in front of the line, and even had his heel been grounded looked over the line to me.

If the umpire had given a no ball the referral system wouldn't have over ruled...

What a surprise who is involved though...Harper can't even get 3rd umpiring right, let alone on field. The worst 'elite' umpire by a country mile.

You must be watching a different game to me!

For a start his heel was in the air - therefore where he actually landed was miles (comparatively) in front of the line, and even had his heel been grounded looked over the line to me.

If the umpire had given a no ball the referral system wouldn't have over ruled...

What a surprise who is involved though...Harper can't even get 3rd umpiring right, let alone on field. The worst 'elite' umpire by a country mile.

You don't have to have your heel grounded behind the line, something just has to be behind it when you land, whether grounded or in the air. He landed and then his foot slid forward, they go off the landing not where he ended up. At the point where he frst landed The screen cap when he landed showed a little bit behind the line (raised in the air, which is fine)

You don't have to have your heel grounded behind the line,

Agreed. But it being in the air makes it very difficult to judge.

something just has to be behind it when you land, whether grounded or in the air. He landed and then his foot slid forward, they go off the landing not where he ended up. At the point where he frst landed The screen cap when he landed showed a little bit behind the line (raised in the air, which is fine)

On the line is a no ball. The pictures I've seen don't show anything behind the line.

No ball for me all day long.

On the line is a no ball. The pictures I've seen don't show anything behind the line.

The one they showed after the review on Sky Sports showed just a bit over the line. It wasn't massively clear. The review system can only over turn "clear umpiring mistakes" anyway, and it was not 100% clear either way, as you say it is very difficult to judge when the heel is in the air so if it was difficult to judge and not 100% clear then the review rules say you can't change the decision. I guess they'll show it in a few minutes for another look :P

correct, the line is the ump's

although not having seen anyof it i would not be surprised to find harper stuffing it up, even with camera's. joke of an umpire - i get better on a sunday when my skipper ump's. his nicknames 'magoo' !! :P

Morkel - another stress fracture in his foot?

If so, huuuuugggggeeee for England.

that would be brilliant - not that i wish an injury on anyplayer but that boy's been their only class performer with the ball all series.

Anyone think the the England players just want to come home a few days early. Why on earth did Strauss put us in to bat?

No idea mate. Couldn't believe it! I was sitting there like "Strauss man, what are you doing???!!!"

It was the right decision. The pitch didn't look like it would do much, and it hasn't. England have got out playing poor shots. Hardly Strauss' fault.

This pitch will deteriorate and Strauss correctly doesn't want to bat last.

It was the right decision. The pitch didn't look like it would do much, and it hasn't. England have got out playing poor shots. Hardly Strauss' fault.

This pitch will deteriorate and Strauss correctly doesn't want to bat last.

Aye, but Strauss does it so much. Always so selfish with his bat and putting us in to it. You'd think his name was bat-man or something!!1

I hope the pitch deteriorates with him on it!

Edited by -pogo-

No idea mate. Couldn't believe it! I was sitting there like "Strauss man, what are you doing???!!!"

Why wouldn't Strauss choose to bat!? It seemed like the obvious thing to do. This pitch is only going to deteriorate and he wanted to get the first score on the board. All the commentators on TMS said he made the right move. Its the teams fault that they then went and royally f**ked everything up.