I just got home (after the most amazing experience ever) and I took my festival bracelets off remembering the great time spent there. We did not encounter any of the issues mentioned by others previously: we found a decent camping spot, staff was more than OK and helpful in case we needed anything. In regards to the lack of camping spots, I saw free spots in the camping during the festival. For example, next to our tent there was space for two more tents. And in regards to the gazebos: why would you take up someone's camping space with that? A gazebo does use 1 full tent space, no? Just sayin'..
Now, about the festival itself: I found it great. It was a well organised festival. I liked the fact that I was not pushed around all the time and that I didn't have to queue for more than 5 minutes for a drink or for food or the bathroom which was always clean (unike others I've experienced).
The odder in which I have mentioned the bands might be subject to change because I am remembering things all the time, but on a general note it goes like this:
1. Radiohead - Amazing. We managed to get spots in the second pit next to the fence and I saw it all. No standing on tiptoes to catch a glimpse. Even though I was majorly disappointed by the fact that the show ended earlier than planned (I did come to the festival mainly for them) I got over it the next day.
Benjamin Clementine - That's how you educate a crowd. I discovered him a short time before he was announced for Werchter but I was not dexpecting him to have such a great performance.
2. SOAD - I was pretty excited about seeing them. We didn't get a very good spot as we did for Radiohead and KOL, but still it was good to hear them and be part of an amazing crowd.
3. Prophets Of Rage - Thee guys are amazing. I was kinda scared about the circles and getting somehow caught in one by accident. My boyfriend actually went in 2-3 times and he really had fun. I quite enjoyed their show and I would definitely go see them again.
4. Foo Fighters - I was not very enthusiastic about seeing them, but they impressed me.
5. KOL - I liked them. I kinda sang Walls alone as the people around me did not really know the song. I think I murdered their ears but I had to do it.
Future Islands - That guy is absolutely amazing and I loved their show. We went out and saw half of it on the grass as I couldn't stand the heat but even so I enjoyed it a lot.
Sohn - No words. He gave me the chills.
Imagine Dragons - Great show, nice energy, amazing crowd, at least where we were located.
6. Royal Blood - I didn't know them so they were quite a nice surprise.
7. Linkin Park - It amazed me that I knew the lyrics of songs that i haven't listened in a loooooong time. Great show.
8. Arcade Fire - I enjoyed the last year show more. I felt them as bored and not in the mood to play. Except for the one who ran and jumped around the stage.
Kodaline - We watched the show on the screen outside as we could not go in. Hearing almost everybody around me singing "High hopes" was unexpected. An unexpected and pleasant surprise.
We went to see some more bands, but I myself was either not too impressed or maybe I was just not in the mood at that point: Cigarettes After Sex, Tout va Bien, Milky Chance, Alt j, Nothing But Thieves, Savages, Rag'n'Bone Man. Ohh.. I almost forgot to mention the fail of the whole festival: James Blake. What was that guy doing on main stage? What was he doing at Werchter? Is it just me or they screwed that one up?