Should I buy a Cheap Trolley

Guest strudders

The only hassle I find at any Festival is the drag of gear.... no thats not right. lets face it, it's beer, wine and Cider.!! :blink:

This year, as I am getting on in years, should I buy a cheap trolley to drag it up to the camp site or will this be a cop out and "not the done thing" or continue the 900 lbs of liquids slog up to the camp site.

What do you reckon?

Your opinion counts....however so do the buy it now prices at Ebay....

Struds

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get one with good wheels, i bought one on amazon with proper tyres for £23, should be getting it in the next few days so will report back :blink:

had one last year with plastic wheels, it lasted, but it did feel that it could break at any minute, and i saw a lot of trolleys which did

while we are on the topic of trolleys, may i give everybody a piece of golden advice...

it doesnt matter how strong or awesome your trolley is, if you dont have anything to hold all your stuff on with, its about as useful as an inflatable dartboard. last year, we got all of 3 metres before we hit a ditch, and everything fell off. a huge thank you to the awesome people who donated us a bungee cord. god bless glasto spirit...

I have to agree with Niko. Big fat wheels. The bigger the better.

Bought a cheap camping trolley thing a few years back, it didn't make it to the campsite. The terrain was too rough and it just fell apart. But that was cheap and nasty. That very same year my friend found an abandoned trolley in the car park on the Monday afternoon and that took two Glastos before it too fell apart. It lasted longer though as it was fairly sturdy - in normal use it would have gone on for years, and it had BIG WHEELS. But solid wheels. This year I'm on the look out for a sack barrow with big inflatable tyres on the wheels.

This is the one which lasted a couple of fests:

sack-barrow-3.jpg

(Except it was yellow)

This is more like what I want:

istockphoto_443895_sack_barrow_with_clipping_path.jpg

I have to agree with Niko. Big fat wheels. The bigger the better.

Bought a cheap camping trolley thing a few years back, it didn't make it to the campsite. The terrain was too rough and it just fell apart. But that was cheap and nasty. That very same year my friend found an abandoned trolley in the car park on the Monday afternoon and that took two Glastos before it too fell apart. It lasted longer though as it was fairly sturdy - in normal use it would have gone on for years, and it had BIG WHEELS. But solid wheels. This year I'm on the look out for a sack barrow with big inflatable tyres on the wheels.

This is the one which lasted a couple of fests:

sack-barrow-3.jpg

(Except it was yellow)

This is more like what I want:

istockphoto_443895_sack_barrow_with_clipping_path.jpg

• 1 year later...

Get a bungee net, I couldn't have managed without it, it's really stretchy and I used it to secure everything to the trolley, including;

tent, cool box, rucksack, camping stove, two blow up mattresses, holdall, cool bag, some beer, and other forgotten assorted crap.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...tegoryId_165760

The only hassle I find at any Festival is the drag of gear.... no thats not right. lets face it, it's beer, wine and Cider.!! :)

This year, as I am getting on in years, should I buy a cheap trolley to drag it up to the camp site or will this be a cop out and "not the done thing" or continue the 900 lbs of liquids slog up to the camp site.

What do you reckon?

Your opinion counts....however so do the buy it now prices at Ebay....

Struds

Lots of good advice here - just make sure you get one with big inflatable tyres, like the B&Q sack truck (about £15 but it does seem to vary a bit). I've taken two of them (one for my son) for the last two years and they've been great and will last for ever. Not light and not collapsible but it's always going to be a compromise. Collapsible ones should be well avoided cause they will, well, COLLAPSE!. I've lost count of the dead, collapsible, lightweight trolleys abandoned in bits in the car parks and on the way to the gates - some don't make it more than a few yards then lay over and die. The ground is hellish rough as you know so B&Q sack truck for me anyway - never looked back. Oh, on the sledge idea, we tried it in 2007 (my son's idea) and it didn't really work. It was very heavily loaded and he found it too heavy to drag and control over the rough ground and we ended up dumping it - hence the sack trucks for the following years.

• 2 months later...