Hate the farm, leave all your shit behind

Guest ministe2003

Just checked out the webcams, and was appalled to see this:

glasto1.png

glasto1.png

glasto1.png

So much for leaving no trace. The fields are awash with crap strewn all over the fields, and the camping areas looks almost as full now as it did for the festival!! I mean, really, do people have so much spare cash around that they're happy to all leave their tents and gear behind? Because I sure as hell don't.

What a mess and a disappointment to see that the Leave No Trace campaign seems to be having as much affect as the Don't Piss In The Hedges campaign (ie little or none).

Big thanks to the folks who'll be clearing up all that junk

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Just did the same thing and was shocked! Saw people peeing in bushes too, despite being told that it is destroying the stream and killing the fish. Have to admit it is better than ten years ago though. The stink coming from Oxlyers Bridge used to be awful and that doesn't smell any more, but it just goes to show we are a long way from people realising that the farm is actually somebody's home...would they pop round to their mates, pee in THEIR bushes and throw their crap around the garden? Don't think so!!! And if they do, well I wouldn't want them as my friends!

Like Ministe2003 I can't understand how people have the money to just leave things behind. I saw plates, bowls, pillows, chairs all left on Sunday afternoon, but leaving tents-crazy.

One post talks of overhearing a girl saying she was leaving her tent because she was 'too tired to take it down'.

We left zero behind-and all our waste went in, or as near as possible in, the bins. It wasn't difficult.

There was a group of four people beside us that left everything behind - couldn't believe it. We spent a good hour tidying up the carnage they left in to bin bags before we had to leave. Hope our albeit extremely small effort helped those who have a seemingly mammoth task on their hands this week, lots of respect for you.

Also saw some random drunk guy heckling someone who nipped in to the bushes beside the railway track with chants of "love the farm, leave no trace!". Hilariously, the guy clearly got stage fright and moved on. Hope he didn't try it again further down.

My daughter took down 2 tents as the girls in them " couldnt be arsed to take them down" 100 quids worth of tents just left??? I said to them aren't you taking them with you?" nah if we stopped in a hotel room for 5 nights we wouldn't take that with us would we?? great logic girls but cheers from my daughter who has her tents, airbeds and camping stove for her next festival!! More money than sense.

The pissing this year was even more inexcusable - I didn't have to queue once in the evening for a toilet, disgraceful behaviour.

Some of our neighbours in dairy looked like they were probably going to leave a ton of stuff behind too.

Bellends.

It is shocking. I cleared up after us and our neighbours who left a horrendous mess when they went. Although I can't believe how few bins there were - we were camped near gate D and there were 3 bins in the entire field, which didn't get emptied and so as the weekend went on the rubbish got spread further and further through the mud. The floor in front of the Other stage was disgusting. People are vile.

How utterly disgusting and depressing, particularly as that webcam is looking over the part of the site where all the coolest of the cool people like to camp... :angry:

(I have to say that when we left the Big Ground yesterday it did look like most people had cleared up most of their stuff, which was a pleasant surprise, and I saw much less pissing in hedges than in previous years)

I was pretty shocked when i looked at the webcam too. There was 6 of us in our party and all we left was a bag of recylcling and and bin bag of rubbish - the area where we camped was spotless.

I also saw alot of people around the stages just getting up and leaving cups/cans etc etc. I did not drop one thing all weekend. It isnt hard to put stuff in the bins. Grrrr

Nothing to do with money I'm afraid, just a total lack of respect.

Same goes for people who leave all their rubbish and cans on the fields where they drop them, p*ss anywhere they fancy and push and shove when in a crowd because their need to get somewhere is so much more important than anyone else's.

The really worrying thing is this isn't restricted to any particular demographic either.

Edited by Morse Code

The organisers really need to add some incentives to take tents / recycle them. Add a £10 environmental charge to the tickets .. And if you want to then show your tent on the way out (or hand it in) then you get £10 back. I know it would cause issues and queues .. But if only 100 people use then it's 100 tents less being left.

The organisers really need to add some incentives to take tents / recycle them. Add a £10 environmental charge to the tickets .. And if you want to then show your tent on the way out (or hand it in) then you get £10 back. I know it would cause issues and queues .. But if only 100 people use then it's 100 tents less being left.

Edited by ministe2003