All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Victorious Festival 2018

Probably get a name or two before Christmas but the bulk will be in the new year
  3. The National

Anyone solo tonight, drop me a message! I’m here now.
  4. Kingsman Scene at Glastonbury

Said film - imaginatively titled - 'Festival' http://www.empireonline.com/movies/inbetweeners-movie/joe-thomas-jemaine-clement-starring-festival/
  5. NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

Thanks much appreciated. Hopefully I'll be posting with a sunnier disposition in a week or so. Thanks again.
  6. NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

Hope it gets sorted soon.
  7. General News Discussion

I doubt the Tories infighting and attempted Theresa coups next week will help them much
  8. Lineup 2018

Yeah if that's true I'd say Florence to headline is a good shout and they'd also probably be your 3 subs in thirty seconds to mars, Top and chainsmokers tbf.
  9. NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

Sorry to hear that, this must be a trying time for you Healing vibes are heading her way.
  10. Lineup 2018

Yeah the rumours here suggest that The Chainsmokers and Twenty One Pilots might be playing FM4 Frequency which takes place the same weekend as Pukkelpop. Twenty One Pilots and Royal Blood to share the bill one night. It really is time Florence & The Machine headlined R&L so that's good news.
  11. Today
  12. The Documentary Film Thread

Tis "available". Small files and great quality.
  13. General News Discussion

the blame falls where it lies. I've always said the tories will be using that get-out. But there's lots of people voting for it, including Corbyn. Who reckons the tories will own it by Labour copying the tories and voting with the tories. If he's lucky enough to get into power, it's him who's going to own it and everything which comes with it. But I doubt he'll get into power. It'll be interesting to see where the polls are after party season, cos I'm thinking there's going to be a bit less for Labour as they're spurning them on both sides at the mo. I think we might have passed peak Corbyn. (I'm also wondering how much of McD's tricks today will sink in, promising an absolute to conference while putting out a 'maybe' press release. So very principled. )
  14. Green Man Festival 2018

Great! Yes, this is the same for me every year. At the first announcement I'm like ' a few people there I like, but overall I don't know much'. But then by the time the festival comes around, someone I'd never heard before, who I see at Green Man, becomes my favourite artist for the next year. This year it was Jessica Pratt.
  15. Knebworth 2018

I don't think I'd care how much a ticket cost if that was the line-up!
  16. General News Discussion

I don't think their concerns should be dismissed. I just don't want them sidelined into dead ends. What's the betting they'll get the blame if our economy goes down the toilet - 'well you voted for it'. it's put Wales in a really weak negotiating position, because we voted to end our funding. how self harming are we?
  17. Pukkelpop 2018

Oh yeah, forgot about Twenty One Pilots. They'll be main stage subs no doubt assuming they fill the main stage with mostly repeated shit again.
  18. the "coolest" festival

according to a survey, IoW is the "coolest" festival to millenials. There's a write-up of the research here:- http://www.nme.com/news/music/coolest-edgiest-music-festivals-millennials-2144455 I got sent the research, but I was too busy laughing. If a festival putting on dad-rock and which doesn't have much appeal to younger festival goers is the coolest to younger festival-goers there's something wrong with the research. As is borne out by Download apparently being the edgiest, too. The people surveyed need to get out more.
  19. Lineup 2018

Taken from the Pukkelpop thread SarahEmpre 11 Posted 5 hours ago The rumours here (just rumours) are that Florence & The Machine, Chainsmokers, 30 Seconds To Mars and Twenty One Pilots can be the big names for Pukkelpop 2018.
  20. Pukkelpop 2018

The Killers are candidate nr 1 to me. They toured some of the June/July festivals last year, so it'd make sense if they do an August run passing Pkp, Lowlands, Sziget, Oya, etc. It will be 9 years since they last played a Belgian festival (aka "fresh" headliner) and the lead single of their new album is doing good on Belgian radio. To Pukkelpop standards they'd be a good headliner too.
  21. 2018 headliners just headliners ?

Going to go for: Avenged Sevenfold Metallica Def Leppard (30th Anniversary Hysteria Tour)
  22. Victorious Festival 2018

When do they normally start announcing for this festival? Last few years have looked at the line up and been impressed but not sure about buying till know a bit more.
  23. Isle of Wight 2018 Festival

The Prodigy just announced a December tour. Could see them being a co-headline/dance act for the Friday night if IOW still go down that road.
  24. Slam Dunk 2018

Brand new would be amazing, I'm hoping it's them but I don't think they are mainstream enough to headline it. But I'd imagine they'll shift a decent amount of tickets. Got to agree with thirty seconds to mars. Sum 41 would be a good shout for a good sub but not sure if they're doing anything next year as the album came out last year did it not? JEW could do it, unsure if they are big enough though. Saw them at a couple of festivals last year too and thought they were quite boring so I hope not. Exactly, they aren't going to announce headlining slam dunk when they've got arena shows to sell are they? And I don't think they will sell out so that'd mean not announcing the headliner until the end of March which isn't going to happen.
  25. General News Discussion

But they won't. The ones who take the fall for it won't be immigrants. And they'll be somewhere where there's a govt with a greater natural, moral and legal obligation to take care of them than our govt has for them, too. It's not a hardship they're being made to suffer. The sorts of options you'd have opposed, making it harder for the govt to deliver the perfection you expect of them, and so making you cause people to suffer more than they otherwise would. Immigration *can* be tackled in isolation. Of all the causes which can be tackled its the one that's easiest to tackle, it's the one that has the most instant effect, and it's the one which has the greatest amount of sway over housing demand. And we don't need another fucking coffee shop but if we do there's plenty of under-employed Brits able to do what's good enough for any immigrant - AND it's more economically-beneficial that way too. I don't disagree, but that still doesn't make everyone like that or that uninformed. There's no clear indicator about the real benefits of migration to the economy, although there are some areas where benefit can be seen (such as for future tax to fund pensions). It's not unreasonable or racist or nationalist for someone to feel, in the round, that the benefits are not as great as some claim of them, or to feel that the UK govt should be putting UK citizens as its first priority (and which is 'nationalist' only so far as there's a nation whether they wanted it or not). If you want those people to get smarter, then dismissing them all as racist won't do it. If you want those people to get smarter then dismissing their real life experiences and opinions on those as worthless won't do it. If you want those people to get smarter you've got to make them feel that you're making real efforts to listen to them and address their concerns, and you need to wake up to the fact there's no immigrant "taking the fall" for it either. That is, unless you hand it all over to their control by keep calling them racist and dismissing their concerns, where they get to line-up all the immigrants they might want to while you get ignored.
  26. Lineup 2018

Pretty sure it would be NME, around 4th down? Could easily see the NME shaking up into something like Friendly Fires < Sampha < Jungle? < Wolf Alice Would be super vibey that night (and would probs go against the heavier mainstage lineup which would prbs be RB & co.)
  1. Load more activity