All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Lineup 2018

Hi, I’m new to this but been reading everything and keeping up with the thread. Found this on twitter, assuming it’s fan made after all these two stage rumours but it does help give some solidity to the rumour and makes me kinda believe it all that bit more. The proposed headliners are also a good guess at what’s been suggested on here.
  3. Mad Cool 2018

I believe the community manager for Mad Cool had mentioned around 2,000 passes becoming available around April/May. With the quality of the lineup though and the number of potential conflicts, the $500 for VIP is pretty reasonable.
  4. best youtube vids

Forget my post above. If you want to know how that works, it's because ALL the cards are changed / different when you see your 'missing' card. Very clever. This is much more important. Much more. To me, it represents a parable. We could be like this to each other, but are not. I'm as guilty, if not more guilty, than the next person of failure in this area. Why, I wonder?
  5. Primavera 2018

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/classically-smiths-camerata-rourke-joyce-14180582.amp?__twitter_impression=true Hmm.
  6. Boomtown 2018

7. Today
  8. Mad Cool 2018

I'm a little late to this....but holy crap that lineup is insane! Even though 3 days passes have sold out, I assume one could buy 2 (or 3) day passes...right?
  9. best youtube vids

10. T minus & counting 2019

11. What are you doing instead of Glastonbury this year?

I flew in to Nice airport once with a shed load of cocaine on me. I really didn't give a fuck about anything in those days. To say that I'd gone off the rails would be an understatement. I've taken hard drugs through customs a number of times, but very much doubt that I would do it again. Maybe if I was in a car taking a ferry, but not through an airport again. I didn't get to look around Nice as I only had a couple of hours or so before needing to get a train to Marseilles. From there I went to a hotel overlooking Château d'If. Somewhere along the line me and my now, thankfully, ex girlfriend had picked up some very fine red wines. Although we went out often, I really really enjoyed my time on the balcony overlooking the island whilst drinking red wine and snorting cocaine. Let's face it, it doesn't get much better than that. I'll put Nice in to the equation grumpy, and if it's a hit I'll get back to you about eateries. Thanks for the suggestion. Keep them coming people. Let's get this efests trip on the road - or rail really.
  12. Lineup 2018

Speaking of these "rules", at least two things I thought were rules were broken in the last two years: Biffy returning after less than 4 years and 2017 being all repeat headliners (interestingly, both of these "rules" were also broken in 2005). With that in mind, do you think they'll ever do a Download 2016 and repeat two headliners from the same year? I'd say if they're going to be having double stages and 6 headliners, it would be difficult not to.
  13. Lineup 2018

Aye I was predicting that not too long ago and agree it'd work really well. But as has been mentioned by others, it seems to be more than just coincidence that The Prodigy haven't been booked since 2009. Still, there's hope!
  14. Lineup 2018

I think the prodigy subbing Kendrick would be a phenomenal booking which would definitely appeal to a young audience (including myself)
  15. Lineup 2018

Not denying that. But they've recently had Disclosure as a co-headliner & a lot of more relevant acts about I reckon. Our camp couldn't wait for them the last time they played, IMD was more into our D&B scene, but that's quite a few years ago now. (It was fucking brilliant) Take Me To The Hospital, Omen & chilling out to Stand Up made for memorable, a very memorable evening before sacking off Arctics for watching a strip show
  16. Lineup 2018

Really?!? The prodigy are still one of the best live acts around in terms of creating energy from the crowd.
  17. Who should reform?

Rush. I'm still hopeful. Retired because touring is knackering should not equate to no more studio recordings. You don't even have to be together in the same studio these days guys.
  18. Mad Cool 2018

Does anyone remember - I think I read somewhere that another (small) package of tickets will become available again at some point in the future. The festival wants to limit black market and reselling at much higher prices or something along those lines it was if I remember correctly... Does anyone have any info on that? Thanks.
  19. Who should reform?

Robert, Patti, Mark E., Willard
  20. Glastonbury evolves

I think I came up with it, but I also wouldn't be surprised if I've subconsciously pinched it from Brass Eye or summat.
  21. Who should reform?

WU LYF
  22. Glastonbury evolves

Brilliant. I am so going to be using that phrase for anything annoying. Is it yours or did you nick it? Ooh. Hang on. I'm betting Al Murray. Regarding the "There needs to be a split from Arcadia/Shangri-La" debate: They used to be really close together. Now Arcadia is far away from SL. But it's still all thumpy thumpy, dancy dancy stuff though isn't it? As much as I can get in to that and enjoy it: Give us a late night Proper Rock venue please!
  23. Who should reform?

#RightSmiths would be The Smyths ye?
  24. Who should reform?

Surprised it's not their lawyer. I'm guessing #WrongSmiths is the reason why Glasto have Hacienda Classical coming back next year.
  25. Who should reform?

Fucking hell that sounds like the shittest thing ever. Before I clicked on it I thought to myself "absolute banter if Smith #3 is Craig Gannon"
  26. Glastonbury evolves

Yeah the bins overflowing all the time is annoying, especially as I'm the kind of bleeding heart sandal wearer who will keep hold of their detritus until they find a suitable bin. Once I had to store a burrito wrapper in my backpack because all the bins in the park were overflowing and there was a band on that I wanted to see. When I got it out about an hour later it had leaked burrito juice all over my jumper and bog roll. So I smelled bad at night time and risked wiping my arse with habanero sauce.
  27. Who should reform?

For the 45 of you who voted The Smiths... It's your lucky day! https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/classically-smiths-camerata-rourke-joyce-14180582 Moz has a decent voice but he's no Rowetta...
  1. Load more activity