All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

good luck Gumby! you will be awesome ! xx
  3. Lineup 2018

Saw The Big Moon at Leeds (festival) and echo the above, better live than on the album. Get Inuit are fairly well established and meant to see them at either 2000 Trees or Leeds but had better clashes both times.
  4. 2017 New Music Thread

Its really lovely stuff.
  5. 2017 New Music Thread

Indeed. Season of mists and mellow baroque chamber pop.
  6. Crap bands and their crap songs

Think I'm gonna wait a bit to buy mine. At those prices it definitely doesn't seem like it'll sell quickly. If you're down the front I can't imagine you'll be disappointed. Even reviews for shows where they've apparently died on their arse have other people saying "it was amazing and everyone around me was going crazy".
  7. General News Discussion

But you said the same before the election (as did i) He didnt win, but he took seats from the Tories and they lost their majority. Saying he is a 'loser' is taking the context out of the lead up to the election As someone who thought Corbyn was going to get destroyed, im willing to acknowledge that he may know what he is doing! This is a good read https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/sep/22/the-inside-story-of-labours-election-shock-jeremy-corbyn?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
  8. 2017 New Music Thread

Autumnal stuff Cally.
  9. 2017 New Music Thread

All about this today
  10. NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

Thanks everyone. Bricking it a bit, if I'm honest. I've only had one interview in the last 12 years, and that didn't go at all well! I'll try! I have got live music generally, and festivals in particular, listed in my interests on my CV, so if they mention it, I'll elaborate, but otherwise I'll try to stay on topic!
  11. Undercard Yet To Play Glastonbury

The Lep should definitely think about a mini UK career relaunch by hitting up the Pyramid late one afternoon.
  12. Undercard Yet To Play Glastonbury

As the Afternoon Would Be A Legend If This Was Donington slot is now a thing, I'd love Whitesnake or Alice Cooper to put in an appearance, think they'd both go down a storm. Others that might go for the AWBALITWDR slot Def Leppard, Richie Blackmore's Rainbow, Deep Purple or Tigertailz.
  13. Who should reform?

14. LCD Soundsystem....

I think you overestimate the reach that events like that will have. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere except on here, for instance. More venues need to stay away from those ticketing companies that have secondary ticketing sites - Ticketmaster et al - and side with those who will pair up with, e.g. Twickets. It's not going to be a revolution from the people, unfortunately. Educating the masses is really hard.
  15. Nick Cave

I had that thought too.
  16. Lineup 2018

Haha, I was just referring to the whole "Female bands" conversation that was going on in this thread. But yeah, I'm looking forward to them really like their whole album, some really good songs on there. Get Inuit and Babe Punch supporting? Dunno who they are but will probably go down for at least one of them.
  17. Nick Cave

[I think] she mentions Warren bullshitting about her but I don't think he was part of the band until '95/'96.
  18. Nick Cave

It looks like someone has... there's a post in reply on there from last night now. Will?!
  19. Lineup 2018

The all-male band The Sherlocks? Yeah I like The Big Moon and they're even more impressive live than on record so it should be a good one.
  20. Nick Cave

Yep. The urge to sign up and post something is really strong I have to admit...
  21. Football 17/18

yep - which'll make it harder to sustain under kiddo, I reckon. I don't doubt he'll wield plenty of power as a 'media mogul' but I can't see him getting close to his old man.
  22. Which festivals will sell out quicker next year?

Having gone to Boomtown for the first time this year I think this has a good chance of selling out quite quick. When I got back and was asked what it was like I could only reply with "it's like Disneyland on Acid ". If you have not been give it a go
  23. Old Music Thread

no ideas, sorry. The only thing I can suggest is googling and following any trails - you can usually find out who it is if you keep at it long enough (and you can waste days at this sort of thing), as for acts of his level there's sometimes mentions of 'his people' within articles (tour announcements, interviews, etc).
  24. Glastonbury A-Z acts seen

I thought that but decided to let it go. Officially it's surname (with a few exceptions like Beyoncé).
  25. Lineup 2018

Anyone seen Big Moon before? They're an all female band, a pretty decent first album. Got tickets to go see them in Sheffield on Monday night, so quite looking forward to it. Also very tempted to get some last minute tickets to go see Sherlocks tomorrow, actually really enjoying their album at the moment, despite them sounding like a bit of a Courteeners rip off...
  26. 2017 New Music Thread

Saw a video of them playing Hologram in Mexico last week and the poor kid's phone is nearly destroyed by the bass.
  1. Load more activity